Deeply Ironic

By Chibi-chan

 

*

 

"You!" started the hedgehog, jabbing his index finger into the echidna's chest, "You have done nothing but tease me, and taunt me, and refuse to give me a straight answer! Now why...!" He stopped for a moment, and looked puzzled. "Why do I suddenly find this whole situation deeply ironic?"

            "Gee, I wonder," the echidna said dryly.

            "Smartass," the hedgehog growled. "Now, where was I?

            "Teasing, taunting, no answer, why?"

            "Oh, right," said the hedgehog. He worked up some more righteous fury and continued. "Why are you doing this? Just how do you feel about me?"

            The echidna smiled. It was never a good thing when he smiled, the hedgehog thought. Whenever he smiled, something got smashed.

            "Payback for all the times you've made fun of my guilibility, of course," the echidna said. He moved in closer to the hedgehog. "And how do I feel?" Closer. "Well..." Closer still. "To be perfectly honest..." He was nose to nose with the hedgehog.

            "Y-yes?" the hedgehog breathed. His heart was racing, and, despite how hard he fought it, he could feel himself blushing.

            "I don't know."

            The hedgehog's jaw dropped. "YOU DON'T KNOW?! What do you mean, you don't know?"

            The echidna shrugged. "Never really thought about it."

            The hedgehog's ear twitched. His tail flicked side to side. He glared at the echidna and told him, "You don't think about this! You either feel it or you don't!"

            The echidna laughed. "You are so easy to get riled up." He paused and added, "Now why do I think this is ironic?"

            "Gee, I wonder," the hedgehog said, mimicking the echidna.

            "No need to get snippy, Sonic," the echidna chided.

            Sonic redoubled his glare for a moment, then sharply turned away. "Whatever. I'm outta here." Just as he started to move, he felt himself being pulled back and forced to face the echidna again. "Now what? Want to jerk my chain some--"

            The echidna put a finger to the hedgehog's lips. Well, as well as one can do so when one constantly wears mittens. He moved his finger down and kissed the hedgehog softly on the lips.

            The hedgehog pulled back, boggling and red as a beet. "K-Knuckles?! But you said...!"

            "I said I didn't know," Knuckles told him, "but I'm willing to find out."

            Sonic rubbed the back of his head and looked down at his feet. "Eheh, I don't know what to say..." He suddenly brushed his lips against the echidna's, then said, "I'm gonna go for a run. Later!" He left Knuckles in the dust, grinning his blue ass off.

            Knuckles shook his head. "What have I gotten myself into?" he said with a light laugh.

 

*

End

 

 

Chibi’s notes:

 

Because we all need a little fluffy slash sometimes, and it’s funny that they’ve rubbed off on each other like that.  XD

 

 

Sonic et. al. is © Sonic Team and Sega.

Comments?  E-mail: chaoscheebs@sbcglobal.net